Committed to serving the people of Hawaii, Shan continues to work to improve the lives of all throughout the State . . .
Improving Our Economy
-Works collectively and collaboratively with the business community, labor unions and government
-While serving as Senate Ways and Means Vice Chair and Capital Improvement Program Budget Chair, demonstrated a commitment to investing in infrastructure and strategic development across the islands
– Supports Hawaii’s tourism industry through increased business opportunities, including strengthening Asia-Pacific relations
-Heads the HI Growth Initiative to invest in Hawaii’s entrepreneurs and create a robust ecosystem for burgeoning businesses
Educating Our Keiki
– Supports Hawaii Early Education Initiative to prepare our children for school and success in life, while also reducing the achievement gap between low-income children and their more affluent peers
-Established the Resources for Enrichment, Athletics, Culture and Health (R.E.A.C.H.) Initiative to provide after-school programs for Hawaii’s middle/intermediate school students to keep them engaged in learning and on the path towards graduation and future success
-Promotes higher learning opportunities for residents and foreign students to study in Hawaii
Sustainability: Creating a Better Tomorrow
-Committed to supporting renewable energy initiatives throughout Hawaii, including maximizing local natural resources to establish Hawaii as a forerunner in the energy and sustainability arena.
-Dedicated to the State’s sustainability objectives:
- Respecting the culture, character, beauty and history of Hawaii’s island communities
- Striking a balance among economic, social, community, and environmental priorities
- Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
No widget added yet.